The San Diego Public Library is amazing! There are lots of free programs targeting people of all ages, including impressive free, drop-in baby/toddler with parent options at various branches. The link of all options can be searched by library branch here: https://www.sandiego.gov/public-library/news-events
Here is a day-by-day list of highlights for those in the Central San Diego Area (Mission Valley, La Jolla, Pacific Beach, Ocean Beach); although it’s not all inclusive and dates can change. Confirm dates or find more at all branches here https://www.sandiego.gov/public-library/news-events
- 10-11am Toddler Story Time (La Jolla), weekly.
- 11-11:45am Toddler Storytime (Mission Valley), weekly.
- Noon Baby Sign Language (La Jolla), weekly.
- 3-3:45 Baby Story Time (Mission Valley), weekly. (Sign language 1x/month, 3rd week?)
- 6:30-7:30p PJ Storytime and Craft (Pacific Beach), weekly.
- 12:30-1:30 Toddler Yoga Session (La Jolla) 1x/month, usually ~3rd/4th week).
- 10:30-11:30am Various Pacific Beach Programs for Babies/Toddlers (includes 1:Toddler Yoga/Storytime, 2: Dance Party/30minMovies, 3: Toddler Yoga, 4: Sign a Story etc on rotating basis/times).
- 10:30-11:30am Preschool Story Time (La Jolla) weekly, except when Toddler Dance Party is going on (?1x/month, dancing rec for 18+months)
- 11:30-noon Dance Pants: 0-8years (Mission Valley), 1x/month- first week?
- 10-11am Big Science for Little People (La Jolla) 1x/month, often 3rd week?.
- 10:30-11:15am Baby Signing Storytime (Mission Valley), weekly.
- 10:30-11:30 Wagging Tales-Reading to Therapy Dogs. (Pacific Beach), first week of month.
- 11-Noon Storytime-includes older ages (La Jolla), varies 1-2x/month?
More useful notes:
- Nothing needed to show up/participate! (No need to have a library card etc.)
- Your San Diego library card will let you check out/return books at any location
- The Friends of the Library cheap used book sales are a great way to stock up on some kids books while you’re there 🙂
- The library has a wealth of free online offerings for books, magazines and even audiobooks (especially good for parents when getting to the library is tough!). Learn more here: https://www.sandiego.gov/public-library/catalog-databases